Filled Under:
, ,

The Day I Gained My Personal Freedom

Right now in the United States we are celebrating the day that we gained our personal freedom as a county. It is our independence day July 4th. Throughout the many years our country has fought to preserve and protect that freedom and today is when we acknowledge it. Just thinking about this idea takes me back to when I experienced my moment of freedom from myself.

Many of us can trace our moment of freedom back to something specific, a moment when something significant had happened and we "woke up". A moment when we had our hearts open fully and felt totally alive. These types of moments could include the time that your baby was born, the time we had a loved one pass away, the time we talked to someone inspiring, or even an inspirational moment that came from no where.

My moment of personal freedom came when I had my heart broken for the first time. There I was not just past 21 years of age when I had my life set (or so I thought). I was going to get married, we both had good secure jobs, 2 brand new cars, plenty of money, and getting ready to buy a house. On the outside it looked good but what also came along with that was worth mentioning too. I was closed off from my family, I was money driven, disconnected to myself, and very arrogant.

At that time in my life I had it all figured out and no matter what, I would not listen to anyone. It was my way or the highway. My life was a house built on sand. All it took was one piece to break and the rest of it would fall apart. And that piece broke when my fiance informed me that she did not want to get married any longer. My heart was broken and my world began to spin. In a matter of days I had no direction, no clue on what I was doing and was scared. I was hurt badly and was ashamed, but I did not know this would be the moment of freedom in my life.

But after all the tears had been cried out I began to see things differently. I began to even feel lighter. It was as if I had been holding my breath and carrying such a heavy weight around... but now it was gone and I could finally breathe fully.

I had gained my personal freedom.

I was free to live in a way that was congruent to life, free to listen to those that were trying to help me, free to begin self development, free to question, and free to change.

My life has never been the same since and I have been experiencing a wonderfully free life full of twists and turns and highs and lows. But I would not ever wish to change that moment in which I gained my personal freedom.

So that was my moment when I became fully alive. When was your moment? Please take the time to that moment when you discovered and gained your personal freedom and share it here with us so we can all celebrate together.

Happy 4th everyone, and happy independence day.

If you are interested in reading more great articles and seeing my weekly "Monday Motivator" Videos... visit my Blog RedZen by CLICKING HERE NOW where you can find "Peace in Life One Inch At a Time"


View the original article here





0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Blog Hit List